Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Bad Choices...

Sometimes in life we make poor decisions. That is what Erin and I found out the hard way. Enough time has passed that I can talk about this with too much embarrassment. For years Erin and I have joked/talked about dying a streak of our hair bright pink or blue or purple. We usually were mostly kidding. But then one fateful day we really decided to try it.

So, after purchasing our goods we set up shop in my bathroom and did a little unlicensed cosmetology. First, we bleached our little piece of hair. Erin's came out orange, mine was lighter. So we bleached it again. Erin's was less orange and mine was pretty blonde. Note, we tried to choose discrete sections of our hair, as we knew this really wasn't a good idea.


We'd decided on blue for our new addition. After the first application we were both left with very light blue tinged hair. No good. And the stuff made my throat scratchy, probably not good to keep using. But, we persisted and went for round two. This time we left it on super long, and decided it would be a good idea to wrap it in cling film. After rinsing it our we were left with dishwater blue looking rat tails. Not a good look, FYI. Mine was slightly more blue than Erin's (whose when mixed with the orange/blonde had a hauntingly green tone...).
Needless to say we were not pleased. I decided I'd just have to wear my hair down until it washed out, as you could only really see it in a ponytail. Luckily, I went on a bike ride later that night and swat (sweated) most the blue out on my shirt. Nice. Now, months later I still have a random blonde streak, but it really isn't noticable. And I pulled off the blue with only one person seeing it. No more hair experiments for me.

1 comment:

Landon said...

I didn't even know you had a blog. Somehow it seems like the kind of thing you would make fun of...