January started Tommy's first "busy season" at Ernst & Young. I'd been prepared for it by many horror stories of never seeing your husband, so I was expecting the worst. Maybe because I work nights so we don't see each other for days at a time as it is, but all in all I wouldn't say it has been that bad, and now we are coming to its close.
Pretty much the whole month of January he (we) lived in San Diego. Not really a bad deal. He would go down on a Sunday night and come back Friday night. I would take the train (a beautiful trip down the coast) or drive with him if I wasn't working and then come home to work. It was kind of a nice vacation (more for me, he still had to work). I had a fun time exploring Solana Beach, and we had lots of excellent food. The weather was phenomenal. My typical day consisted of going for a run along the 101, going to the beach and reading/napping, exploring tide pools, meeting Tommy for dinner, catching up on TV shows in the hotel room, visiting the San Diego temple and generally just relaxing.
My bestie Amber also came for a visit, and hopefully wasn't bored out of her mind, but it was great to see her.
Though we have survived busy season so far, I do look forward to having Tommy home before 9 each night. My 12 hour shifts three nights a week look weak compared to his 12-14 hour days 5 days a week. Good work love! Almost done!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment