Thursday, March 31, 2011

Not sew much...

I've been perusing some other blogs lately and I usually end up feeling depressed and like less of a woman. Everyone posts about these fantastic knick-knacks and crafts they have made by throwing a few household items together, and not only do I realize I could never think up these crafts, but I could not even replicate them in most cases. Even worse, I really have no desire to. Is it wrong that I would prefer to buy things already made with little construction on my part. (I do however like putting furniture together, that is not crafty). Am I still a good person if my house isn't cutesy? And I don't make my children's clothes? On that note, I did recently endeavor to make a quilt. I am to the part where I actually am supposed to quilt now and I am stuck. It is no masterpiece, I go more by the eyeball-it method than the measure twice cut once. I just ask if it looks right-ish. I don't think that is good when it comes to sewing things. Please bless that my children don't mind that I don't make their diaper bag, or refurbish their crib from spare beech wood in my basement.

3 comments:

Sammy said...

Welcome back to the blogging world! Don't feel bad that you're not into lame stuff. You can put together my baby's dresser tonight if you'd like.

Lara said...

Yes please!

Brie and Jeff said...

ha ha first of all, an update! Awesome! I'm so excited. ha Second, I too am not crafty and will not be sewing my children's wardrobes. Third, I'm sorry your plants got dumped on. :/ They were cute though!